Monday, April 5, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 4/5/2021

I got to the beach at 3pm - it was blowing crazy nuts.  Gusts would go straight to smoke on the water levels and the steady winds were still a bit on the strong side for the Ensis 4.5.  Perhaps if I had bolted on the HS1250, all would have been perfect - but alas this sport is about challenges and continuous self improvement.


The wind chart from iwindsurf.com - peaks touching 40mph!!!


Further proof that my speed is front foil limited.  If it is crazy nuts again tomorrow, I may try and bolt on the CF800 to see what that thing can do.


I made several runs back and forth staying up on foil during the transitions - both jibes and tacks - these are the wide bands of solid blue.  I nailed a few inbound tacks - but I still need to work on these.  It is helping my completion percentage now that I raise the front of the wing way up coming in to the tack.


It was about 4:30 by the time I took this picture - the wind had calmed down a lot.  You can still see a few whitecaps - such awesome conditions!!!!

No comments: