Sunday, April 4, 2021

Dawn Patrol - 4/3/21

 Yesterday Prayot launched his boat for the dawn patrol.  Marlon and I along with Joe and Jack hitched a ride out to Seconds.  Bobo to Monk Seal was on dawn patrol also.


The longboard contingent hit Seconds, but just as I was headed out, Firsts showed a peak.  I got tempted and waited - I did catch one (super long ride - I love this break) but it slowed down considerably while seconds kept firing.  I broke out the GoPro mid-ride and got a few -




We got tired of waiting so Prayot and I paddled over to Seconds.  Marlon was eating that wave for breakfast.


I got a bunch of long rides here as well.  So many that I started to think, maybe I should ride them for so long and I won't have to paddle back out so far.  I had the HS1420CS bolted on - as awesome as that is for carving up waves, it doesn't go the distance when pumping - so paddle back out it is.



I loaned Prayot my 4'6" (it's his board I'm fixing) - I think I need to start using this board now.


After a couple of hours, Marlon and Jack were back on the boat.  Firsts started showing again - I caught a few more (the tide was low, so I had to check the depth pretty often).  This is Prayot and I on a wave (with Joe's head in the spray).


Three hour session - felt like a boat trip in Indo!!!


Firsts - such a fun foiling wave!



No comments: