Monday, April 26, 2021

Garage Works - 4/26/2021

I got some garage time in this afternoon.  I did some final shaping on Prayot's rear stabilizer, then I laminated some carbon over it.  I used saran wrap to get the laminate butted up tight to the stabilizer.  Next step (tomorrow) is to trim the excess carbon, sand it down tight to the edge and put a fill coat of epoxy on.  Last step (probably Wednesday) would be to do a final sanding.


La took the truck out to run some errands so I pulled the new foilboard out.  I've been wanting to adjust the rocker on the bottom deck - and I did just that (lots of tension released!!!).  I went ahead and sanded the top deck a little as well to get the shape dialed in.  Tomorrow I'll do the fine sanding, and since I'll be putting a fill coat on the rear stabilizer, I'll put a void filling coat on one of the decks on this board.


The next day will be the void filling on the other side (I'll likely do the top tomorrow and the bottom on Wednesday - so I can keep going with track reinforcement block).

No comments: