Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 4/6/2021

All day while I was at work, the wind was blowing pretty strong (22 to 27 mph).  When I got to the launch the wind had dropped (18 to 22 mph).  I was hoping it would have been stronger (like yesterday) - I had even brought the HS1250 and CF800 front foils.  Alas - it was not to be - so I rigged up the Ensis 6.0 and the HS1850.  Even with this equipment, I had to pump to get up on foil.  And as the session went on - the wind just kept dropping (was 14 mph when I came in at 4:10).


I had a new strut mounted camera mount.  It came with the in line (so perpendicular to the strut camera mount - and this is one of the only good pictures I got).


I was out from 3:15ish to 4:10 - I needed to get home (through traffic) to some progress done on the projects I have on my work bench - and I was actually having a hard time completing turns in the wind present.  The long run at the beginning was my trip out to Firsts. Then the lull where I got stuck in the break in the large black area.  I did catch a really fun wave - but didn't want to get caught out there so I made my way back in.  



So today I got wet, tried out the new mount and rode a fun wave.


The wind is forecasted to be lighter for the next several days.  More time to complete projects (Prayot's chopped 300, Jimmy's paddle, a storage bin from the freezer, Roland's fuselage, Noe wants to surround Peachy's egg with resin, finishing my next prone board).

No comments: