Thursday, April 1, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 4/1/2021

There was some wind this afternoon - on the light side, but I'll take it!  I had the wide WFB, HS1850/Chopped 300 Rear Stabilizer paired with the Ensis 6.0


The wind had a lot of north in it today - pretty much offshore the whole time.  There were also a few lulls where I had to wait for a gust to get back up on foil.


I spent today running the inside tracks.  I wanted to practice my turns - got at least one of each of them - but I really had fun with the inside jibes.  I'd start on my weak side on heels, wait for the wing to get powered, switch feet and drop into a carving downwind turn, finishing up with switching the wing's direction.  The best part was not coming off foil during these turns.  On my outbound tacks, the wind was so up and down that I'd complete the turn, but I'd come down from foil and had to catch more air to get moving again.


Using the HS1850, I got to 14.7 kts - no surprise (drag limited).  From the chart below, you can see the lulls and also the runs where I stayed on foil through the turns.


Fun session (as always)!

No comments: