Friday, March 10, 2023

Evening Session - 3/10/2023

I hit WPB to go prone foiling today - Roland said yesterday was really good - chest to head high and clean.  Today was probably belly high and clean.  This picture is of Roland and Duke splitting a wave.


I bolted this foil on - the Uni Vyper 170.  Accompanying the front foil was the medium (33cm) fuse and the 15" KD Maui rear stabilizer.


This foil rocks!  For as small as it is, it has some carry, but even in the small waves, I could throw this thing around.  On one turn, I got the foil half out of the water.  On another wave, I was bouncing between two sections - and the board was coming around hard and fast.  This foil is going to be my go to when the waves get chest to well overhead.


I started out with the foil mounted halfway in the tracks.  I moved it twice and ended up with it jammed as far forward as it would go.  This is the second front foil I've used that has pegged the tracks... I'm going to have to shape another board now - longer length like this one for smaller days, but thinner and with the tracks mounted 2" forward from this position (looking at the markings, I don't use foils that go that far back - funny how quick foils and skills have changed).


Looking forward to using this in higher winds also.

W:27/F:15/S:13

No comments: