Saturday, March 18, 2023

New Ideas

I have been looking at recent posts about downwind foil boards.  Initially I was intrigued, but in my mind the downwinding gets good when the wind is up, and that is exactly when I want to be winging.  With that said, I have consciously avoided DW SUP foiling posts and info.

But recently guys are taking those boards, making them even narrower and are now using them to prone surf foil catching green unbroken waves, and even light wind wing foiling with smaller wings.

With that turn of events, I've got some ideas in my head that I want to get shaped.


This bigger blank is going to be my first prone/wing narrow foilboard.  It is going to be modeled after the old stock 12' prone paddleboards on the nose, and the Amos Sultan on the tail.

With all the small surf and lack of wind, I should have this one finished in no time.

No comments: