Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 3/7/2023

The west wind arrived today in full force!!!  I got to the beach late - Eli had already come and gone, and Kalani and Roland were already out.

In the interest of time, I grabbed the foil that was already put together - the 1095/178 from the last prone session and headed out the door.  I could see white caps - so really I should have pumped up the 4.2 - which I did not have, so 4.7 it is.


More on this in a minute, but I think the 1095 is perfect for prone foiling and winging in cleaner water - not for excessively choppy conditions.


I was well powered today (definitely could have used the 4.2), and I had a great time riding swell back in REGULAR FOOTED AND LUFFING THE WING!!!  I love west winds at WPB!!!


I only got an hour in - slower pace than normal.  I believe it was the 1095 - it was really pitch sensitive and keeping it calm in super choppy conditions was a challenge.  I did appreciate it when riding waves in and needing to glide through (or muscle through) a fading wave and on to the next one standing up.  But when going straight, I could feel every bump - I guess exercising muscles I normally don't use isn't a bad thing...

Nice strong consistent wind!!!  It would have been nicer if it had more west and less south - but it was still great!

Kalani and Roland were having difficulties with the different direction - but it was perfect for me.



Tomorrow is supposed to be stronger!!!  I'll likely use the 980 tomorrow...


W:26/F:14/S:13

No comments: