Thursday, March 2, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 3/2/2023

Got in a quick after work session today (because I needed to pick up Noe from school).  The wind was still blowing strong.

I used the same board and foil as yesterday - WWFB and the Eagle 890/KD Marlin 14"/foilparts fuselage/85cm Project Cedrus mast.  The wind seemed to be a little more behaved (less viceral) than yesterday, so I pumped up the SW2 4.2


I focused on carving tacks today.  I think I was getting the results I wanted about 60% of my attempts.

I also focused on carving through my toe-heel tacks.  I'm just happy to complete these more consistently now.  Carving through the first 1/3 of the turn has proven to be the hardest part for me.  But now I'm using the wing to pull me through the remainder of the turn.  The more I do these turns, the easier they'll become.


The Eagle 890 with the KD 14" Marlin is a fast combo.


I got out after an hour - this being the end of this strong wind event, I've had a great time and will remember this as the time I felt confident executing the toe-heel tack, and the period where I learned to start a sinker board.

W:25/F:12/S:12

No comments: