Monday, October 14, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 10/14/2024

Interesting session today -


Wind was blowing side on shore - at a good clip, then not, then even stronger, then not.


Pumped up the North Nova Pro 5.0


And setup the F One Eagle 1090/DW210, Evolution Cedrus Wind 87.5 cm mast on No.32


Stats are indicative of lots of time floating around in the long lulls.


When I first went out, the wind was strong and steady.  I got in a few runs and then hit the first lull.  Prayot and Zach were paddling out and the wind picked back up.  After a few more runs, another lull hit.

When the wind picked back up, it stayed up for a bit.  I was going further and further out towards 5-Os and on one run, I picked up one of the bigger waves of the day.  I jibed on to it and was riding back in, when I saw a shark fin pop up and we "shared" the wave for what seemed a really long time.  It was probably 25' away, but even that far it looked big.

I managed to stay up for quite some time after that. 


That is until I hit the last lull - the blue line drifting out to the west.  I got saved by one of the last gusts of the day and headed in.


Close correlation between the wind graph and my speed chart.  


Challenging but fun session!!!

W:125/PW:2/FD:73/F:4/S:19

No comments: