Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 10/2/2024

I was hoping this afternoon would be a repeat of yesterday... it wasn't.

But I only brought winging gear - and it looked like there was decent texture on the water outside (wind line was way out - lots of North in the wind).  Truthfully - as epic as it was yesterday for winging, today would have been perfect for Foil Drive-ing (and I got it completely backwards).

There was a skinny monk seal basking towards the fence.


And continuing the "it's been a minute" theme - I setup No.32

Evolution Wind Mast, F One SK8 950/Carve 200 rear stabilizer, and the North Nova Pro 5.0 rounded out the gear. 


I like the extra volume No.32 has over No.36


I knew the wind was light - but it was light and just under the easy pop up threshold.  I got up early and made several runs.  I tacked twice onto waves so the wind was enough to sustain flight (while moving).  Then I got greedy and tired to do a tack on the inside - that was the beginning of the eating of humble pie...

50 minutes later I picked up a gust and was able to get back up - thank goodness because I had drifted to the last cabin.

I did make it back upwind and decided to quit while I was ahead.


It's actually a miracle that I was even up and going in this light wind.  And from the graph, it looks like I came an hour too late.


Oh well - at least I didn't have to swim in and do the walk of shame.


This seal likes the wall -


W:123/PW:2/FD:69/F:4/S:19

No comments: