Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Wing Foiling Session - 10/9/2024

La and I got back from our trip today.  We had to abort the second half of the trip as Hurricane Milton was causing cancelations (our lodging was first, then the airline also recommended not going to Florida).

Conditions today were good for getting back on the saddle.  High-ish tide, swell when the sets pushed through and some decent (although more offshore) wind.  And getting back out in the water to get a session in helped get rid of the packed in a sardine can feeling from flying back.


Same gear as the last session winging (North Nova Pro 5.0, No. 32, F One SK8 950/Carve 200, Evolution Wind 87.5 mast).

Roland was also out - I was able to return his board to him - crossing our fingers that the leaks were all identified and resolved.


Not bad for a first session back.


While the wind was up, I opted to hit the break out in front of the Cabins.  When it got lighter I stayed out in front of Fenceline.


Nice correlation between the wind speed/direction chart and my speed chart.

Duke came out as I was finishing.  He and Roland said the wind was hit and miss while I was gone (but mostly the latter).


Higher degree of North in the wind - but the angle of the surf drove the lines more than the wind today.

I'm glad I brought the Nova Pro 5.0 - I had been contemplating bringing smaller wings.


Seems like the wind is going to back down a bit for the next several days - time to charge up the Foil Drive

W:124/PW:2/FD:70/F:4/S:19

No comments: