Monday, October 14, 2024

Garage Works - 10/13/2024

Yesterday I got to spend a lot of time in the garage.

First up was sanding No.38

And sanding.  And more sanding.  I got the board through 40-80-120-180-220-320 grits.

Then I went ahead and got the vent and leash plugs installed.  I played with some different foot pad configurations - gotta let those settle out (too many variations).


Then I worked on these two - Kalani's new to him Drifter 72 and No.33


After Kalani brought this board home, he found a soft spot.  I filled it with milled fibers/epoxy, placed a small patch over the open ding, then placed this bigger cap patch.  Today I'll sand off the excess, place a fill coat and this one should be good.


This toe bar had come loose on No.33

I used rubber cement and it's as good as new.

It's amazing what happens when you get used to something and then it suddenly isn't there - I use the tactile feedback to know my front foot is at the sweet spot.


Today I'll sand down the plugs on No.38, give it a wash down to get the sanding dust off and spray a wear coat on it.  No.38 is going to be wicked good!!!!

No comments: