Sunday, September 6, 2026

Foil Drive Dawn Patrol - 9/6/2026

Hurricane Lowell is starting to make it's turn to the north.  I figured it would be a good day to get a Foil Drive session in (before the surf gets unruly).

Dawn patrol saw a pretty low tide (0.3'), super light wind and head high swell on the sets.


No.43 with the AFS UHM 80cm mast, Silk 850/Usurf 135

I did want to start experimenting with the motor pod located further down the mast - this is the result with the next slightly longer motor cable.


Getting out past the breakers sucked a little - 

And there was a little warble in the water.

Dennis and Noel were out on Foil Drive.  Rick and Makana were out prone.

I did get several good rides - but then that warble turned into me taking off and losing it.  Four times straight.

I turned the board over to see what was wrong - the rear stabilizer was really loose.  Time to go in.


With the rear stabilizer issue, I only got eleven rides - 



I may try to get an evening session in seeing as how this one was cut short.

PF:11/W:3/PW:106/FD:62/S:25

No comments: