Yesterday was the Kailua Windsports Association Fall Classic 2026
I signed up for the short and long course parawing class races.
Was really cool to see this many kites out all at once - this is a pretty rare site (at least when I'm at Kailua).
Prayot, Stu and I were out repping Ewa Beach -
The races were fun (mostly - more on that in a second), and the crowd was really cool to hang out with.
Podiumed on both runs!!!
The bad part about the day - on both runs the wind crashed just when the parawing starts were happening - and the races were basically who got up first.
This was the short course run -
And you can see exactly when we started because that's when the wind lulled out
And this was the long course run.
Another perfectly timed lull - and I actually took off and headed towards the mark while schlogging just so I could make some head way. This was totally who got up first (again).
Interesting that changing out to a bigger foil didn't make a difference here. Not sure if the wind just sucked more (which is a very real possibility) or if the Prestige is just plain faster and easier to get up with (not sure we will ever truly know... a genuine mystery of the universe).
Super fun day hanging out with cool people all enjoying a really beautiful place!
PF:11/W:3/PW:114/FD:65/S:25



No comments:
Post a Comment