Hit Kailua with Stu on the dawn patrol. Needed to get a session in with the wind being opposite to the South Shore before the race tomorrow.
Wind was 15 to 20mph. Initially it was from the NE, but then it got shifty.
Same board and lower foil set as the previous several runs. Switched back to the BRM S3 5.3m
Had some good retracted PW runs at Jump City. And I had some good redeploys.
But I also had one that made a birds nest, and a couple that field stripped me off the board.
And with the possibility of the race course being the opposite of what I usually do on any given Kailua Bay day, I wanted to at least see how running opposite would feel and what angle I'd have on each leg of the course.
We'll see how that all shapes up tomorrow.
Good wind - but there were still a handful of times I had to wait for a gust to get up onto foil.
I did try to get some tacks in, but I wasn't able to sail out of them. It is so odd that I can't consistently tack here.
Good session!
PF:11/W:3/PW:112/FD:65/S:25

No comments:
Post a Comment