Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Parawing Session - 9/15/2026

There are distinct whitecaps blowing in this picture - but it is side onshore and there were thick clouds moving through the area.


I didn't have a charged Foil Drive battery - so I opted to bring my light wind setup (from the experiences from the last parawinging session).  I had also considered bringing the J Splee Big Fish with the Neal Purchase canards - but I wanted to test the wind range on the new parawing.

No.42, AFS Enduro 1300/HA43, UHM 80cm mast

Power provided by the BRM L1 6.5m


Second session on this parawing.  It definitely flies and powers up differently than the S3 parawings.  Prefers to go more with the wind and I feel it likes to be pumped up onto foil rather than pulling you up onto foil.

I did manage to get up in this light wind and even retracted the big parawing and rode three waves to the inside lineup.


The lines running to the NNW are the retracted PW rides.


This is the chart from Kalaeloa - which I feel is typically 5mph short.

That would put the wind around 10 to 15 mph while I was out.


Not a bad ride profile considering the light wind.  In my mind, if I'm taking out the BRM L1 6.5 I should also be taking out No.42 if not the AFS Enduro 1300.


Tomorrow should have stronger winds and more waves!!!

PF:11/W:3/PW:108/FD:65/S:25

No comments: