Thursday, September 23, 2021

Evening Session - 9/23/2021

I decided to prone foil today.  And I decided to use the GoFoil with the 4'8".  I checked the surf and figured I should use a smaller (but not too small) front foil - I settled for the NL160.


Roland, Eli and Paul were there getting set up when I arrived.  I was thinking there would not be enough wind, but sure enough once they got out the wind picked up.  And it kept getting stronger as the rain clouds blew through.


I tried to focus on prone foiling and tweaking the mast position.  I caught probably eight waves - and I moved the mast a few times.  The ones I did catch (higher tide so the waves were not cooperating - not to mention the strong wind) were fun and yielded long rides.  On one adjustment, I clearly had it too far forward - tons of front foot pressure required to keep it in check.  After that I pushed it back - I thought to the 160 line... maybe it drifted on its own -


Oddly enough, this is where it felt most intuitive under foot.  And low and behold it was where the mast started out today (I had the GL180 on earlier).

No comments: