Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 9/21/2021

Roland and I hit Hickam this afternoon.  Perfect 5.2 wind (see graph below) and a high tide to make launching even easier than normal.  Lastly there was a south swell starting to show.  I had a great session until my last run - tried to jump, botched it and ended up jacking up the mast and the fuselage.  I don't really know how I bent these parts (no broken bones and just a scratch on my foot), but I did.


I wasn't sure at first, but this titanium core fuselage is definitely bent and the back of the mast cracked open.





Roland also had a great session until the last run.  All session he was trying out his new Naish S26 board.  He even went in to swap out his foils and adjust the mast.  On his last run, he blew out the stitches on the front wing handle - he was just trying out some tacks.

Anyways - enough about paying taxes.  I made a beeline out to Firsts and rode for over an hour.


Here is a little bit more detail on the wave riding session





I knew I was not maxing out today - only hit 17.5mph according to the watch.


If I go tomorrow, it'll be with the 95cm mast and the old 60cm fuselage.  Hopefully I'm done paying taxes....

No comments: