Sunday, September 5, 2021

Grinding, Sanding, Laminating Sunday

This morning I felt compelled to get some work done on this board.  I used the grinder to take down all the high points and I opened up all the inserts.  Then I took the sander and faired in all the laps and got the boxes leveled off and ready for filling (epoxy and thiksil).


After all that prep work, I laminated the port side of the board using carbon rail tape to hide the carbon lap line on the rail.  This picture is the pre-epoxy state, making sure everything fits and will cure lined up well.  I used 2.1 ounces of epoxy to get the carbon tape laminated.

Tomorrow I'll laminate the starboard rail, fill in any voids around the SUP handle and track boxes, add on the logo stickers, and lastly get the fill coat on the bottom deck.  

Slowly but surely getting there.

No comments: