Friday, September 24, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 9/24/2021

This afternoon the signs indicated marginal winds.  But after yesterday's session (and the strong winds that materialized from the same marginal signs) I thought I should set up to wing.


HS1850 on the 95cm mast, chopped 300 rear stabilizer and the Ensis 6.0

Marlon came out to practice some more with the drone.  It was perfect flying conditions for him, but what started out as marginal quickly dropped to the impossible range


Eli can conjure up his own wind so he was cruising the whole time.  Roland and I are not nearly as good as Eli is, so we got stranded when the wind stopped.


You can see the large amount of "blue", or me drifting around in the image below.


It is hard to call this marginal wind...


And to boot, there was more north in this wind than there was east.  On the runs I did get, I kept trying to pinch upwind - but alas it was not to be.  I ended up having to swim a good deal in and at the last second was able to ride to the lone cottage.


Roland was closer in when the wind died - he paddled the gap and was in well before I was.


I really should have listened to my gut and prone foiled.  It would have been much less work.  Tomorrow on the dawn patrol - going to go prone surf foiling.

No comments: