Monday, September 20, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 9/19/2021

Yesterday was another epic session!!!  When I pulled up to the beach, there were endless whitecaps.  I pumped up the 4.5 and bolted on the 1550.  Tide was on the higher side (although paddling out it didn't seem like it) and the waves were belly high on the background swell - with shoulder high sets running through every now and then.


Roland didn't get there at 2pm, so I went ahead and launched.  With as much wind as there was, I pulled up wind and got almost to Hau Bush.  The breaks seem to stand up more the further over you go.  You can see the track I took going downwind back to WPB.


I got in 20 miles in just over 2 hours.  I only got to 18.1mph - which is odd, because I felt like I was screaming on the waves.  I caught more rides today than most sessions - I picked off the big ones and had one ridiculous wave that went from all the way outside right to where the surfers were lined up.



I was powered up well on the 4.5 - except for a few holes in the wind.  The wind was definitely stronger than Saturday.  I think at times I could have been on the 3.6 and still ripping.


This was definitely one of the best sessions I've had to date!!!!


Epic!!!!

No comments: