Thursday, September 2, 2021

Wing Foiling Session - 9/2/2021

I pulled a later afternoon winging session today - had gotten wrapped up in time sensitive errands.  I was rigged and in the water by 4:20pm.  There were white caps and definitely some swell pushing through.  I pumped up the Ensis 5.2 and bolted the HS1550 onto the NWFB - same setup as last time.


From the overlay, the wind was definitely from the ENE.  With the swell pushing from the SSE, you would have thought the luffed rides would have been awesome - and I did get a couple of really fun swell riding runs, but with the wind really up or really down, most of the slingshot jibes onto incoming swell ended up with a drop off foil because of the lulls.  Was actually kind of frustrating.  You can see my drops on the overlay because they are colored blue.


Still - not having wind over the past several days, anything was a welcome sight.  I got in a total of 17.5 miles with a top speed of 17.8 mph.  While the wind was up, I was up on foil without issue - but when I hit a dead wind zone, I was schlogging

.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 21 to 27 - I'll see if there is enough wind to put up the 3.6, or if the 4.5 will carry the day!  I'm also contemplating using the HS1250.  Iwindsurf.com is calling for stronger wind, while surfline.com is saying it'll be a notch stronger than today.  We'll see...

No comments: