Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Evening Session - 6/14/2023

I went winging this afternoon - waves were the same as yesterday or slightly bigger.  The tide was higher (making landing easier), and the wind was a bit more steady and stronger.


I wasn't sure how strong the wind was going to be, so I brought the insurance policy (Eagle 1090) - this is such a great foil


And the same wing I've been using lately - Reedin SW2 5.2


I also tried using my new impact vest/wing harness/leash attachment point.  This thing kept me pretty warm (almost too warm).


This was a really long session - 


Wind was perfect for the 5.2 and 1090 combo - I never felt overpowered - in fact more than not I was just powered enough not to go down.


And speaking of not going down, I didn't the entire session.


Every 20 minutes or so, a pretty large set would come through.  On the wing, I could pick and choose which wave I wanted to ride - and a few were head high (and I was up on foil).  Fun rides!


Tomorrow should be better!

W:52/F:53/S:28

No comments: