Saturday, June 17, 2023

Garage Works - 6/17/2023

I spent a little time in the garage when Marlon and I got back from the beach.

I dismantled the Foil Drive setup and cut one of the new cable fairings I recently picked up.

Then I did the finish sanding on No.31 - which went well enough that I went ahead and got the clear coat on.


The nose on this board WAS going to be orange - but the acrylic clear coat acted as a solvent again.  I ended up having to sand off the paint because it blistered so badly.


Since I had a relatively large area to spray (nose and tail), I decided to sand most of the bottom deck to 400 to get a common baseline.  Here is the board post sanding and after the first clear coat.


These boxes are now fixed and standing proud the way they should have been in the first place.


I'm going to help Marlon finish his longboard next.

No comments: