Monday, June 5, 2023

Garage Works - 6/5/2023

I got home in time to edge the grass and mow the lawn.

After that and some other chores, I headed into the garage to work on the ding repair on Tim's Greedy Beaver.

I cut up a bunch of fiberglass patches, and then saturated the repair area with epoxy.  I added the patches one by one to make sure there were no air bubbles.

I placed a cap patch, then placed a piece of peel ply.


If done right, I have found this method effectively reduces the amount of sanding I have to do to get the repair area flat and smooth.

I'll still have to sand - just not as much.


I had a little bit of epoxy left over (I mixed a total of 0.7 ounces), so I mixed in some aerosil to give the epoxy some body - then I placed it in the corners of the mast track reinforcement block hole.  This served as the "skim coat" - so that when I use epoxy to laminate the carbon fiber liner into place, the excess epoxy will not migrate through pinholes.


Tomorrow I'll sand Tim's board and add a fill coat if necessary.

I'll also laminate the carbon liner for No.31

No comments: