Saturday, June 3, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 6/3/2023

Super low tide today.  Wind was negligible.  Surf was decent at the onset, but faded through the session.


Marlon used his longboard - and I brought the Shred Sled out for its inaugural run.

I used the Axis ART 1099 and the 460 rear stabilizer on the 68cm mast.


I caught five waves (which offered long rides) - but the rest of the time in between rides was struggling to get my balance on this board (5'9"x28.5"x4"+ at 110 liters).


This was actually easier to keep my balance on than the Starboard Hypernut that I had before.  When I was taking off on the waves I caught, the board felt big.  Same as when I was up and riding (it actually felt bigger then).  And when I held it up to compare with Dennis's Quatro, it also looked big.  

But when I was standing up, paddling around, and just kneeling on the board, it felt super small.

Funny how all this works out.

I'm going to get a few more sessions on this board goign standard SUP foiling mode - then I'll rig it with the Foil Drive.

W:47/F:49/S:28

No comments: