Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Evening Session - 6/13/2023

I took the Progression 140 out for a test run this afternoon.  When you put the 170 and the 140 up together, there isn't an obvious difference.


I caught a bunch of waves - and the 140 is faster than the 170 (duh), it has almost as much glide as the 170 (surprising), and it turns harder than the 170 (no surprise).  I really like this foil.  The waves and the wind driven turbulence made riding challenging.  I did not get a recycling program going today - not sure if that is a foil problem, an environmental conditions issue, or a Vic issue.  The waves had a bit of pitch to them today - made takeoffs a big gamble - either you made a glorious drop and bottom turn, or you got chewed up and spit out.

The waves got even finnickier as the session went on - my whole last hour was waiting, and then missing for waves with pitching lips.  Even though there were some down points, this was a great first session with the Progression 140.


Here is where the mast ended up.  I had moved it 3x while I was out - I'm pretty sure this is optimized, but more testing is needed.

W:51/F:53/S:28

No comments: