Double session at Hickam today - winds were a notch below smoke on the water
The surf was pretty unruly outside - which is why I went to Hickam.
I set up the AFS Ultra 750 again - I wanted to get the mast position dialed in. I ended up moving it a hair more forward and was happy with how it took off.
I was sitting on the board with the BRM S3 3.4m closed up when those 45mph gusts blasted through. Otherwise the 3.4 handled the wind well
I tried to get a couple of tacks in since this foil has a lot of glide - but the wind was a little much and at the outer run points it was more survival jibing.
Those blue lines were where I hunkered down during the blasting gusts
Probably the strongest winds I've been out on parawing...
Prayot was sitting on his board when I did this flyby.
Interesting to see how the parawing was releasing/holding wind
I went in and swapped out foils to the Cabrinha Whippit 850/Tweaker 390/160
I did stop once to get the mast moved forward. The setting was ok - I think it still needs to go forward a notch.
Not anything surprising - this foil rolls really well. Cabrinha's current answer to the AFS Silk.
I tried to stay up closer to the taxiway - the water surface was more settled there.
That 23.9mph run was at the end of the session - I headed on a reach instead of pinching and the foil just went.
Hurricane Nolo is passing to the south of the western Hawaiian Islands now - the winds are forecasted to flow in from the south for the next several days. I could use the break to rest up.
PF:11/W:3/PW:122/FD:65/S:25

No comments:
Post a Comment