Friday, November 13, 2020

After Work Wing Foiling Session - 11/13/2020

Hit Hickam again after work today.  The wind had lightened up a bit by the time I got there (4pm) so I pumped up the 6.0 - the board and foil were the same as the previous days.  You can see in the picture the wind was fairly light on the inside - but if you squint, you can see Harris riding on the outside and he is lit on his 4.4.  I got lit too once I made it out there -


Even though it looked light, I was able to milk enough juice to get up on foil quickly.  I was pulling upwind easily so I decided to fall off a bunch to get to the channel and I rode out to the end of the runway where Harris was.  I was able to get lined up, and got on a couple, but it wasn't like prone foiling.  I also couldn't flag the wing (never had to before) and that made me outrun the waves.  The wind started to get light so I started back.  Then it pretty much died for about 20 minutes.  In these lulls I practiced pumping the wing and the foil to get up sooner than just waiting for the wind to blow harder.  I also got more practice on the tacks and even got a couple of jibes in (because I had to way out there).


I took this picture just because - need some gas?

No comments: