Saturday, November 28, 2020

Wing Foiling Session - 11/28/2020

 The reason I was working on the projects/testing earlier in the day was so I could wait for the wind to swing around.  This morning through the early afternoon, the wind was light and blowing from the North.  After lunch the wind picked up strength and came more from the North East.  Knowing the winds are going to back off until next Friday, I felt compelled to try out both the repaired board and one of the Ensis wings.  You can see how big this wing is from the picture below.  It didn't feel too different handling wise from the Echo 6.0M - they are both big wings chord-wise.

The wind was on the light side, but earlier on it was a little more consistent.  Of all the sessions I've had so far, this one had the most and the longest lulls.  That's fine - more training for smaller boards and shlogging conditions.  Winging has definitely been making me use muscles I didn't know I had.

I was able to turn the wing on my outbound tacks, but I definitely had to look to grab the back handle once through the turn.  That was a significant difference from the Echo where I could tack blind (not looking for the grab point after the turn).


It felt like the Ensis 6.0M took less effort to get up on foil compared to the Echo 6.0M.  Not by much but enough to be noticeable.  I even got in a few wet (board on the surface) jibes in today.  Practice-practice-practice...

This is going to be a fun wing to use!  Can't wait for strong wind days to mix with some swell.  Thanks to Marlon for being so patient and for taking the awesome pictures!

No comments: