Saturday, November 21, 2020

Winging Session - 11/21/2020

Went for a midday wing foiling session.  The reports had the wind blowing steady from the NE around 20 mph.  I decided to rig Gary's Echo 5.0 (I'm borrowing it), and boy was I glad I did.  There were three lulls in the 2 hours I was out - but on the other end of that spectrum, there were several gusts that were well above 30mph (approaching 40).  This wing handled the gusts like a champ - confidence builder knowing I got through today with this size wing.  The only quirk I noticed was back pressure on the luff during the gusts.



I stayed on the bunny slopes - again to work specifically on my transitions.  I was nailing the outbound tacks - even get a few flying on the foil.  I got a total of 12.3 nm, with my peak speed at 14.2 mph.



I did manage to get the feel of my inbound tacks.  I also got in a dry inbound jibe.  There was a booby bird and several plovers flying around the inside area.  What an awesome session!

No comments: