Sunday, November 1, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 11/1/2020

I pulled a solo dawn patrol this morning.  I actually checked it out and was going to pass because it was really small and really crowded.  I hung around the beach to checkout the sunrise.


The horizon was really clear this  morning you could easily see Molokai on the horizon.


There was a green flash as the sun poked over the horizon - what a treat!


I met up with a bunch of foilers at the pavilion and ended up discussing the virtues of Axis/Armstrong/Go Foil and board construction.  After that I figured I might as well go foiling.  Same setup as yesterday - wanted to confirm yesterday's performance.


Well - all was going well until a new foiler decided to drop in on me and wreak havoc - I had to bail because he was crossing me from behind - I ended up hitting my face and shoulder.  This is going to leave a scar...


I'm getting a little fatigued from all the new people that don't follow the normal rules of surfing - like not dropping in on someone that is already riding a wave.  I think I may take a break from White Plains for a bit (so I don't end up losing my cool).

No comments: