Friday, November 27, 2020

Evening Session - 11/27/2020

I had to work today - Black Friday.... needless to say it was taxing.  Marlon and I hit the beach and I got to wash the week off in the surf.  Before I got in the water, I talked with Kalani about his new board - a Quatro Wing Drifter 5'6".  Looked really nice and user friendly.


I brought out the skinny 4'10", the GL180 and the No.9 rear stabilizer.  First two waves were throw aways - but I quick recalibrated and picked up several long rides after.  With the waves around waist high, I was in milk it mode.  I pumped back out a few times, but I was more concerned about the shallow depth beneath the board on the inside - so I usually opted to bail instead of burning energy on a pump that might actually cause damage to the foil.


I had some good waves this afternoon - glad to have gone out and enjoyed the evening surf! 

No comments: