Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wing Foiling in Nuking Conditions - 11/11/2020

 The winds were super strong today - 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.  I was using a borrowed 5.0 Duotone Unit - with the exception of one run, this wing was perfect for today.  I had it rigged up on the tight setting and never really felt overpowered.  When the really stiff gusts hit, I just put the wing in neutral and reduced the backhand pressure.

I got 7.13 nm in and my fastest run was 13.1 mph - I could have gone faster but I didn't want to crash hard in these gusty conditions.


With today's outing, I believe winging for me will be a two wing quiver - the 6.0 and a 5.0.  I got a few dry tacks on the outbound leg, and I felt I got really close to the inbound jibes.  I think if I practice with a skateboard, I'll get this transition down faster.  It's nice to have wind back again!!!  Thanks to Marlon for his patience and for taking pictures.

No comments: