Sunday, November 8, 2020

Winging It - 11/8/2020

And while La, Leona and Noe were sailing in Pearl Harbor, I was over at Hickam Harbor using the wing.  I had the GL210 out with the chopped P18W (16" now) and I moved the mast up further forward from the previous marks.  I did that because the wind was marginal.  It is supposed to fill in stronger this week - I was hoping to get the cobwebs off before then.  The wind was up and down - I'd get gust where I could get up from a dead stand still, up onto foil almost instantly, then I'd have to shlog along for whole runs.


I was nailing my outbound tacks (felt good to do these after all the time that had gone by with light winds).  I even got a slow jibe in - I'll keep practicing these even if slow ones.


I went ahead and came in after several runs - according to my watch I went for 6.29 nm and got to 13.4 mph on my fastest run.  Fun session!

No comments: