Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Evening Session - 12/22/2020

Marlon and I hit WPB this afternoon.  There was supposed to be a bump and the wind was forecasted to be zilch.


Well - there was a bump up compared to yesterday.  A few of the bombers that rolled through were at least chest high.  The wind had an onshore flow component to it (convection).  And the tide was low at 0.1'.  I paddled the board/foil upside down and with the increased energy, I was able to stay on the outside and ride worry free (about grounding).  Marlon as always - cruising into to waves and riding casually.


I brought out the same setup as yesterday.  That weird draggy feeling was present today (unlike yesterday when the foil felt like it was slipping through the water).  Might need to put a coat of carnuba wax on the foil.  I did get some really long waves - 781' and 18.1 mph according to the watch.


The swell is supposed to peak tomorrow... I think I'm going to switch to the CF1200...

No comments: