Sunday, December 6, 2020

Dawn Patrol - 12/6/2020

I pulled a solo dawn patrol today - Marlon wasn't feeling a 100% so he opted to sit this one out.  The wind was super light, the tide was really high (+2.0'), and the swell was just a hair smaller than yesterday - call it thigh high, belly on the sets.


I changed the setup this morning - put the HS1550 and the Uni300 tail back on.  It has been a while since I had this front wing on - and I forgot how much fun it was to surf it.  I was able to pump back out several times, but only managed to get two double dips.  The other thing I found super fun was turning with the 1550 - more carving compared to the HS1850 and HS1250.  I'm going to keep this setup on the wide 4'10" for a while



I stayed out for over two hours - then it got so crowded I couldn't take it anymore.  Weekend surf....

No comments: