Saturday, December 12, 2020

Wing Foiling Session - 12/12/2020

Went wing foiling today.  Trades were back!!!  I got to Hickam around 11am - wind would gust to 25 and settle back in around 15 (I think).


I brought all the wings just in case (Duotone Echo 6.0, Ensis 6.0, Ensis 5.2), but with the holes in the wind, I pumped up the Ensis 6.0.  I also bolted on the Armstrong for the first time.  HS1850/300 tail/60 cm fuselage/85 cm mast.  



This setup is sick!!!  The foil was super quiet (as expected) and I was able to get heel to toe side jibes in while still on foil (third time I did it - but it was actually easy with the the Armstrong).  I was getting outbound tacks also - but was touching down and quickly coming back up.  All of that was when the gusts were up - there were times of lulls and then I had a couple of runs where the swell was bucking me off the board - so there were periods of down time also.  I was mostly out at Firsts and way outside of the runway tip so I could get into the wind lines.  It's always kinda spooky out there so I am motivated to either make my tacks, or get back up on the board as quick as I can.  

And having finished fixing this board now from the road rash, this is how I transported it back and forth from the house to the launch.  This isn't going anywhere now.

No comments: