Sunday, December 6, 2020

More Board Repairs

After I got back home from the dawn patrol, I figured I'd get started on some of the board repairs that I have in front of me.  I started with reinstalling the portions of the deckpad that I removed to install the footstrap inserts (which I removed last night).  I used rubber cement to make sure the squares wouldn't come off.  Next I figured I should repair the nose (as I saw salt residue last week - which to me meant saltwater was getting in where the repair was made earlier).  I started here by taking off the Flex Seal tape I used so I could go winging this past Friday.  Pain in the butt!!!  After the tape was off - I started trying to remove the adhesive residue.  I'm pretty sure no water got past the tape as there copious amounts of adhesive.  I used Goo Be Gone and a scraper to get most of it off.  Then I switched to acetone to get the surface clean enough to take epoxy.


I used a strip of carbon and fiberglass tape to seal up the suspected leak area (the nose).  I don't think I have to, but I'll place a fill coat on tomorrow and sand on Tuesday.  I should be able to stop working on this board after that.


I also got asked by Dennis if I could fix his girlfriend's board.  She got a couple of bad dings when somebody plowed into her over at Pokai Bay.  I used the Dremel to cut out the broken glass - the big hit looked like all the epoxy got knocked out of it.


Waiting for epoxy and aerosil fill coat.






Tomorrow I'll sand these spots down a little and start adding the fiberglass layers.  I should be able to sand on Tuesday.

No comments: