Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Evening Session - 12/23/2020

Marlon and I hit WPB again for an evening session. An out of season 2.4' 18 sec SSW swell was hitting.  The tide was really low at 0.2' - but the swell was breaking on the outside.  And there was no wind so the shape and form were really nice and glassy.



With the swell up (2.4' at 18 secs from the SSW), I switched out the front foils - from the HS1550 to the CF1200.  After the first couple of waves, I paddled in and reset the mast further forward.  After that, the CF1200 came alive!!!  This foil lifted me pretty easily and was super maneuverable.  It reminded me of the GL140 - but as with the rest of the Armstrong stuff, it was much smoother.  




I caught several really long waves - one was nearly 600' and I hit 18.1 mph.


Today was a super fun day!!!  With the foil, I love WPB/Campgrounds more with every session (especially if there is no crowd).

No comments: