Monday, December 21, 2020

Wingfoiling Session - 12/20/2020


The wind was not supposed to be up on Sunday, but when La said she was going to Hickam to go shopping, I figured I could hitch a ride and extract some of the energy in the air that was making all the trees dance around.  Same setup as last time, but the wind was lighter, so I ended up using the Ensis 6.0 (had actually already pumped up the 5.2 - but the center strut popped while I was setting up the board - I was better off with the 6.0 anyways).  I also swapped out the 300 rear stab for the 232.  As suspected, I felt a little more back foot pressure - I'll need to bring the foil a hair more forward to compensate for the reduced lift from the tail.

Made a beeline straight for First's.  Perfect 15 to 25mph for the Ensis 6.0.  After going back and forth out there for a bit, there were two lulls where I had to sit and wait.  Once was while I was way outside the channel.


Really pretty water out there - super clear and can see the bottom.  Almost too clear - let's just say it felt good once the wind picked back up and I could head back in.

I love winging!!!!

No comments: