Friday, September 1, 2023

Garage Works - 9/1/2023

And when Marlon and I got back, La and Noe were over at Kaneohe (so the garage was open).  That gave me an opportunity to sand down the laps and other high points on No.32.


Once that was done, I used alcohol to clean off the sanding dust.  I checked the location app and the ladies were still in Kaneohe.  I decided to go ahead and get the first full fill coat on the board.

I used 4.9 ounces of aluzine for the top deck and rails.  The rails were a little dry so I mixed up another 2.8 ounces and got the rails filled.


Here is the finished product.


Tomorrow morning I'll get the first fill coat on the bottom deck.  I'll also start figuring out where all the under epoxy decals and labels will go.  For ease of sanding, I'll likely wait until Sunday morning to sand the first fill coat, then place the labels, drill out the vent and leash plugs, set those and then get the final full fill coats on.  Monday I should be able to get the final sanding done.


Having the board sit for a bit is actually a good thing, but I think I just need to finish this one. 

No comments: