Saturday, September 23, 2023

Wing Foiling Session, Part 3 - 9/23/2023

Last change - swapping out the -0.5 shimmed Progressive 375 rear stabilizer for a straight Progressive 350.


On the forums, there is a lot of chatter about what rear stabilizers work best with the Spitfires - most posts say the smaller the better.

I keep saying this, but with the Progressive 350, this setup is as close to a high performance shortboard.

The 350 seemed to smooth out some of the abrupt feeling that the 375 had - this may actually be a figment of my imagination.


I was down more than I was on the previous session.


This one ride was sick!!!  I thought I had placed the camera in the correct spot - but the wing was not horizontal enough to get the shot I was trying for - but this is close.

Was just in front of a decent sized breaking wave.  The GoPro seriously makes big waves look small accentuates bellies.


I took the back footstrap off - I am not really interested in jumping with a foil.  This freed my back foot so I can actively balance out the foil.


Tacking onto a peaking wave!!!  Incredible feeling when the timing is perfect!


Tomorrow I think I am just going to stick to one foil - 




No comments: