Saturday, September 9, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 9/9/2023

Foil Drive session on the dawn patrol this morning.

There were some waves, but they were on the smaller side.  The tide was low rising up to a big high - but I was out during the low.  The wind was a little up and down.


I setup the standard prone Foil Drive equipment - with one exception.  I shimmed the rear stabilizer.


I had done this one time previously and I hated it.  It was a prone foiling session and I think I was using the ART999.  The tail was so unstable that I would crash every takeoff.  I remember paddling in, taking out the shim and then had a complete 180 in performance.


This is how Kalani shims his setup (more neutral as compared to no shim - for more speed).


I caught 30 waves - more if you consider I had a bunch of double dips and even a triple.


With the shimmed tail, I felt like I was moving faster - but I also felt like the tail was sagging.  Next opportunity to take this setup out, I'll move the mast forward a notch to regain some overall lift.

Obviously pumping was better with this setup (since I connected way more than I have been).

One of my favorite moves is heading for a section at full speed and then crank a hard turn at the peak.


There was an errant recording on the garmin so the speed scale was off.

What was retained was the number of waves I caught - 30 is the number from today!


Fun session today!

W:90/F:85/S:35

No comments: