Monday, September 4, 2023

Garage Works, Part 2 - 9/4/2023

The epoxy from this morning was ready to sand this evening - so I just went that route (top deck fill coat).  I actually sanded the perimeter of the bottom deck just to see what low spots may have been sneaking through the filling.

I got the sole top deck logo that will sit under epoxy and got the top deck fill coat on.


This should turn out really nice!


I even placed carbon in the spot where I had sanded through the high spots.


And since I had some carbon laying around, I got the bottom of Roland's Hyper 190 laminated.  I put 4 layers of carbon with one overlapping the middle section.


This is really an experiment - I'm not sure where the cracks are.  I figure there is nothing to lose...  I'll have to sand and address the area behind the foil also (can feel something going on there) - Roland actually pointed out Uni changed the way the new foils are built out - they have flanges now (90 degree points are bad on foils... they are shear points).

No comments: