Saturday, September 9, 2023

Garage Works - 9/9/2023

La and Noe were over at Kaneohe when I got home.  I skipped breakfast and pushed hard to get No.32 all finished today.

Here are the rails getting their first clear coat spray.


Signed and covered with clear coat.


The two bars on the front are so this board can be setup as a Foil Drive prone board.  These footstrap inserts will be used to screw down the battery/controls box.


I normally use a flat or slightly 'v'ed nose on my boards.  For this one I wanted to use a double concave (similar to the board I made for Kalani).

The rails are squared and the tail is flat - so this board is meant to build speed fast and to get off the water as quickly as possible.


Here is a side-by-side with No.25 (my workhorse).

No.32 is smaller (narrower by 2").


No.32 also has the mast track installed 1" further forward.  This should allow me to use some smaller foils (Eagle 890) or foils with geometry that force them to be mounted further forward (Triton X-1).

And here is a lineup of the three boards I have in the 4'10" range - interesting change in volume - but these are all made to go fast.

No comments: