Monday, September 11, 2023

Wing Foiling Session - 9/11/2023

Late afternoon wing foiling session at WPB.

I have to be honest in my hesitancy going out in marginal winds with No.32 and the SK8 950 - sinker board and a foil I haven't 100% gotten the feel for - I just didn't want to have to swim in...

Norm was hesitant because when he pulled up and was setting up, the wind was cranking - but as he was getting ready to pump up his wing (5m BRM) the wind dropped off big time.  I told him that I was going because you could see the white caps offshore and you can't turn down a high tide launch...

Plus I had the SW2 5.2 - I was going to be good to go -


I put the mast in the same spot I had the SK8 mounted yesterday.

I did have to paddle out further to get to the wind line.  But once I was there - I had plenty of wind to get up on the SK8 950.

I got in 13.26 miles in just over an hour.


In order to not have to restart with a sinker, I opted to not tack today.

There were some waves that would come through every 10 minutes or so.  If the tide was slightly lower, those waves would have been epic!


Good wind while I was out.  And I got in before the drop off.


I only fell once.  I used that opportunity to tighten up the wingscrews.

I also did go through white water once - the SK8 didn't fall out, but I totally felt every bubble interacting with the foil.  This is why I still own the Takuma Kujiras - rock solid through turbulence.


Great session today!!!

W:92/F:85/S:35




No comments: