Sunday, September 17, 2023

Garage Works (actually Standing at the Kitchen Sink) - 9/17/2023

In the last post I mentioned hitting bottom while trying to get out of the impact zone.  Out on the water, when I checked for damage I didn't see anything.  It was after I had landed, rinsed the gear and was in the process of breaking down the equipment I finally saw the scratches.

If you know me, you know that I couldn't leave those be.

I filled the scratches (which were all miniscule - yet I was compelled to fix them) with a solid paint marker, then started the sanding regime.


Since I was already sanding, I went ahead and did the whole surface of the foil.  I got a Donaldson edge installed on both the SK8 950 and the Carve 200. 


Even though this foil and rear stabilizer have been pretty silent while in use, it was no more work to get the trailing edges dialed in.


All done (and I can sleep no problem now!)

No comments: