Sunday, October 15, 2023

Dawn Patrol - 10/15/2023

Smaller surf today.  Higher tide and super light wind.  Good Foil Drive conditions!!!



Set up the skinny prone foil board with the Axis Spitfire 960/Advance Crazy Short Fuselage/P375.

The Advance Crazy Short allowed me to move the front foil forward enough so I didn't have to exert as much backfoot pressure (as I had to do using the Advance + Crazy Short).


I got 3 hours out of the battery today.  I started the watch late (after the first ride).


I think I could have actually benefitted from using the HPS980/400P today - it would have pumped better than the Spitfire 960.  I did get to recycle multiple times, but triples eluded me today.


Surfline called the waves this morning to be 37kJ - I'll note this for future reference.  Probably 40kJ and below will be HPS980/400P


Looks like I got 21 waves in under 3 hours - that's roughly one every 8 minutes.  I did have a huge lull in the middle of the session.

I ran the battery down to 41%.

The season is definitely changing...

W:103/F:95/S:46

No comments: